A Biblical Case for Anarchy
Written by Chris Chew.
This biblical analysis is directed to anyone who believes in the teachings of the Christian Bible and still supports “government”. I hope this analysis and the questions that accompany it prove helpful to you in your quest for truth, and I hope that it will help to bring harmony between your convictions and your actions. I am sincerely grateful to all who give of their time to consider what I, a former Anarchist Christian (now Anarchist Atheist), have to share.
This is my attempt at meeting Christians where they are and to shed light on a matter of great importance, while avoiding an open assault on theism. To preface, I will speak briefly about my personal stance on theism, but I want to stress that the purpose of this write-up is not to convince you of the facts (or lack thereof) in support or in opposition to the existence of a god or gods. The purpose of this write-up is to persuade individuals who believe in the Christian god to reconsider the belief in “government authority” and to highlight the violence and wickedness inherent in that belief which is manifest in the State. I hope that this might also provide tools for liberty-minded atheists and anti-theists when conversing with Christians.
I do not believe there is sufficient evidence to support the existence of a god or gods, but I am not opposed to the possibility that such evidence might someday emerge. I believe in Liberty, and my stance on the belief in “government” manifest (the State) is that it is antithetical to Liberty. With regard to theism and its relation to the State, I believe that theism has been used by the State to great effect as an extremely powerful and persuasive tool of control over the masses. The following quote illustrates this point fairly well:
“As long as a population can be induced to believe in a supernatural hereafter, it can be oppressed and controlled. People will put up with all sorts of tyranny, poverty, and painful treatment if they’re convinced that they’ll eventually escape to some resort in the sky where lifeguards are superfluous and the pool never closes. Moreover, the faithful are usually willing to risk their skins in whatever military adventure their government may currently be promoting.” ― Tom Robbins, Skinny Legs and All
Now, let’s move on to the meat of the write-up.
“Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’””
There are a series of inferences that can be derived from this verse:
- Satan believes that all of “the kingdoms of the world and their splendor” belong to him (Satan).
- The Christian Bible states that God is the Almighty, the Alpha and the Omega. If this is true, and the kingdoms of the world truly *do* belong to Satan, such power must have derived or been “delegated” to him by God. This is evidenced in John 12:31, which refers to Satan as “the prince of this world”, which implies that Satan is the recipient of power to rule upon this world and all of its kingdoms from God the Almighty (God, or “The King” as he is referred to numerous times in the Bible).
- Satan has the power to give dominion over the kingdoms of the world.
- Jesus does not refute Satan’s claim of dominion over the kingdoms of the world. Rather, he refuses Satan’s offer, thus refusing to serve Satan per the scripture and the “word of God”.
- If all of the kingdoms of the world belong to Satan, then Satan has the authority (which was given to him) to give dominion over the kingdoms of the world (Ownership implies Authority).
- Lastly, the criteria which Satan demands of those who wish to have dominion over the kingdoms of the world is that they “bow down and worship” him (Satan).
Given the above inferences, here are two questions I encourage all Statist Christians to consider:
- If, according to the Christian Bible, all of the kingdoms of the world belong to Satan, and the criteria to exercise dominion over those kingdoms (as demanded from Satan, the entity upon whom authority over the kingdoms of the world was bestowed) is to “bow down and worship” him (Satan), is it any surprise that those with dominion over today’s kingdoms (be it the United States “government”, or *any* of the other kingdoms of this world) operate solely upon actions which directly violate your god’s 10 Commandments, including (but not limited to):
- Using Theft on a massive scale (disguised under the ambiguous and deceptive term “taxation”, which is simply theft with permission from the rulers, or “legalized” theft)
- Killing on a biblical-scale (disguised under the ambiguous and deceptive term “war”, which is simply killing on a massive scale with permission from the rulers, or “legalized” killing)
- Bearing False Witness by lying and deceiving the masses in order to gain their approval and favor (such as using ambiguous and deceptive terms when referring to their wickedness, which are designed in order to deceive and make it easier for the masses to overlook or to accept the institutionalization of sin).
- And playing on people’s tendency to Covet Their Neighbor’s Possessions, this being one of the most powerful ways that rulers gain the support of those they claim the right to rule over. Whether it is the ruler who covets a share of the wealth of the peasants (a share which they, the rulers, did not justly acquire), or the peasants who covet the property of their neighbors, *to covet* is most certainly the lifeblood of all “governments”, *especially* those which utilize Democracy as a means of fabricating the “right to rule”.
- And secondly, should you (as a Christian) take any part in activities which attempt to legitimize the wickedness that is committed by the rulers of the kingdoms of this world, or by those who act on their behalf?
Again, thank you for taking the time to consider these words and it is my sincere hope that this has been helpful to you in some way.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sending a bitcoin tip to Chris at: 1M3gLY9K1xTXBCPNBXUb9SQv5jgfbM